Sunday, April 24, 2011

The last two days, Saturday and Sunday, have been busy but a lot of fun. Since Friday was rainy, I ended up grading most of the day and got a lot of stuff done, allowing me a lot of flexibility on the weekend. Saturday I drove down to Allisonia and rode the New River Trail for a total of seven miles. I could have done more but my hands were bothering me a little. After that I drifted off south and eventually ended up on part of walker creek east of bland. At my first stop, I caught one bass and had several other hits. The Mepps spinner worked best and the crankbait lure got a few hits. None on the popper. At my second stop near the correctional facility, I caught three fish, two bass and a bluegill. The raft which passed me had only caught nine so I hadn’t done too badly. After that I went and played nine holes of golf at the meadows and shot a 45 on the front nine.
This morning I got the tractor out and finished clearing out the collapsed bank. It took about 20 buckets and it really looks good right now. A heavy rain will be the test but with about 70 buckets gone, another collapse shouldn’t be too severe. After that I drove to Pandapus pond for a hike with rob. We saw windflower, wintergreen, chickweed, yellow violets. We met renata and her two daughters and I took them off to look for crawfish and minnows. They found two crawfish and rob told me renata said she appreciated the break. After a nap, I headed out to Walker creek again and fished about five miles from Perisburg just below the bridge where the river crosses. It was tricky getting down but the large pool there had a number of fish and I got three and one as I waded upstream. Getting back up to the road was difficult and next time I will try to find an easier access. Following this I went to play nine holes at Castle Rock, but with 4 holes left I was too tired and my score went up. Still, it was fun. I could hardly move after I got to the truck but after a sushi dinner at Poor Billy’s and now coffee at Mill Mountain, I am ready to do some work, though fortunately I only have a little left.

No comments:

Post a Comment