Friday, April 29, 2011

Not much left to do to finish the semester. I have to grade the finals in both 202 classes and read and comment on the 470 papers. I will finally be getting my money for the research grant over the next three pay periods. I had nice parties with my 310 and 470 students and in the 470 class we watched some funny videos on you tube.
I have eaten a few strawberries and more lettuce out of the greenhouse and I should have some peas and a lot of strawberries coming in.
I taped screening over the pipes that lead into the house, two for the heating system (which hasn’t been used in years and I think had an old hornet’s nest in it) and the one into the solar batteries.
I am almost done with the new door screen. I have to put the screen on after I put the hardware cloth this morning. I wish I had an electric staple gun but a battery powered one costs around a hundred and I don’t know how many uses I will have for it. The screen fits perfectly.
Spring is almost over and redbuds are ending along with the bluebells. I still have wild geranium and fire pinks but the amazing spring burst is over.
The big rain sent some soft earth into the culvert, but it is still open and I will fix it tomorrow.
No real prospects on Match but I keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment