Saturday, July 9, 2011

I am trying to equalize the batteries and I am getting close to getting them fully charged. After that I will equalize, perhaps for the very first time, according to the battery people.
I did my yoga and weights, practiced for 40 minutes, cleaned up a bit inside. I took the incredibly smelling compost bucket up to the garden and it was very funky. I guess it will bring in a lot of worms. After airing out my truck, I went and picked a bunch of wineberries, then put them in the freezer in 4 sealed bags. There should be enough until I leave on the 24th.
I then went for a six mile bike ride in the pasture. It was a real workout and pretty hot but I enjoyed it greatly.
My big concern now is how much I am going to have to spend on getting rid of the Tree of Paradise. It seems that VOF will accept my easement, so I should save 7000, but I don’t want to spend all of that on the eradication effort. I am 2800 behind on my bugeting right now, so if I spend 3500, I will still have a few hundred left over. Britt Boucher said that the Virginia Department of Forestry has a program to help landowners in my situation and I left a message there on Friday.
I will be teaching my 202 courses the same as I planned but they will be called 200 courses. I already have my outline done and I should have the rules done tomorrow.
I was driving back up to the house after picking the berries and I ran over a branch and it flipped up and broke my passenger side mirror. I was able to buy a small mirror at K-mart and duct tape it in place, but driving with it is a little iffy. I have to be very careful until Monday when I hope New River Nissan will be able to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment