Monday, January 17, 2011

I had lunch with Rebecca on Saturday but I don’t think it went too well. I think she was turned off by my lack of belief in Jesus and perhaps my liberal views. She mentioned getting together again but I think she was just being polite. It was fun to meet her and go out with such a pretty and smart woman.
My dinner with Cathy Gallo was a lot more fun and we chatted for almost four hours. I have decided that I am going to buy Claire an early graduation present, a new laptop to help with her art.
I charged the batteries up this morning and after five hours got them up to 1220. There isn’t going to be much sun for the next week so I thought it was a good idea to get them charged before I start teaching. My fingers were a little stiff at first but as I practiced they loosened up and my second session was fine. I also rode the bike and took a long hike up to the hay barn and then up to the top of the pasture. I haven’t done that in a long time and I felt good to be able to do it. It wasn’t cold enough to freeze the ice trays so I had to scrape up some icy snow in the morning to stock the refrigerator.
I am ready to go back to work and I think this semester is going to be a good one. I have poems out and the Kaatskill Life article is done and I have written a few new poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment