Thursday, January 20, 2011

My first week of teaching is over and everything is going well. My upper level classes are both 15, and my 202s are 35. I did a good thematic lecture in the James/Wharton class and I thought my 202 lecture was also pretty good.
I saw Jeff today and he worked on my wrists and that helped. He would like me to go straight to an acupuncturist but I am going to try Dr. Cooley, recommended by Justin Craig. He does a non-needle acupuncture with electric stimulus, and if that doesn’t work, I will try regular acupuncture.
I figured out my finances last evening and if I sell the hollow for 200K I will end up with 30 for myself, not a very promising figure. I am okay right now, especially if I stop travelling so much (I spend about 11K a year).
I spoke to Doug Sisson about selling the hollow and he referred me to Tom, the old office manager. Tom made it clear that they don’t want the hollow with any easements on it. That is a big problem but I am still waiting to hear from Carol to see if I can sell it on the regular market. I am hoping I can make a compromise with the Sissons but that seems unlikely.
I will be getting Claire her graduation present (a new laptop) on Friday, and I think it will be a good distraction for her, and it will be a big help when she goes to RU.
I e-mailed Rebecca and told her I don’t think I am a good candidate for a serious relationship (mainly my pantheism and my deteriorating physical condition). I would enjoy seeing her again but I don’t think it will go anywhere.
I had a nice walk with Rob and he thinks I should go for the cortisone shots right away, but I will try the other stuff first.

No comments:

Post a Comment