Sunday, January 2, 2011

Two days ago I got the Velcro patches on for the camper top, although I will have to wait for the curtains (due Tuesday) to do the back ones. I put everything back in the truck and it looks very organized. I will have plenty of room to sleep in the back. I went for a long hike with Rob and then I went out for dessert and to watch some football. After that I went home and stayed up to welcome in the new year.
I did some more work on the syllabi yesterday morning and now I just need to know the final exam schedule to finish up. I did some minor chores outside and I only have a couple of little things to do. I have plenty of time since there isn’t supposed to be bad weather until the 8th at the earliest. I talked to Kelly and Gloria and drove in to Radford to give Maddie and Claire their gifts. I had a nice time there chatting with Lou and Cathy and the girls and stayed almost two hours. I had a salad at Applebee’s and watched the TCU game. Then I went off to perform at the rather empty India Garden at 7:30. I played quite well even though it seemed very loud. The manager thought it was fine. After that Rob and I took a long walk and I was very tired driving home.
This morning I went for a hike to the orchard and found that a big bear (I saw his track) had broken off one of the corner poles on the orchard solar fence. I will have to fix it tomorrow or the next day. I checked the propane level and I should be fine until at least early April. I also rearranged some files in the guest room and did a good practice session even though I won’t be playing Friday since Justin is off. I worked a little on my new poem and rode the exercise bike for twenty minutes. Then I went into town to Champs so I could watch three of the relevant NFL games.

No comments:

Post a Comment