Friday, January 7, 2011

I picked up the curtains on Wednesday and then installed them on Thursday morning after a nice hike. All the curtains fit very well and putting in the Velcro patches was not too hard. I also moved the wires to the back brake light so they wouldn’t be so much in the way. I kept working on my two poems and both of them are almost finished. I have most of the cover letters done for the poems I am going to send out and I have chosen the three I want. I actually have a half dozen that aren’t too bad.
My meeting at Literacy Volunteers didn’t go well. The women there believe that homework shouldn’t be required and even said that no progress is okay with them. Not with me. I gave them the books back and left, although I wrote a letter complaining about the two of them to the national headquarters. I am not sure they really know what they are doing.
Today I did my writing, practicing and biking and then went for a slow walk out to the pasture. The road was slippery from an inch of snow so I didn’t head up to the orchard, which is steeper and more slippery. I filled up the refrigerator with some snow and the temperature went down a few degrees.
I had thought the snow was finished but it started to come down rather heavily and I decided to run into Christiansburg to get the new medicine for my hands and some supplies. There was almost no snow in C’burg so I got my supplies and stopped for a cup of coffee at Barnes and Noble. Then it will be back to the hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment