Monday, January 3, 2011

This morning was too cold to go outside (21 degrees) so I did some writing (on my two poems) and then practiced for over 50 minutes, did my yoga, and then rode the exercise bike. It was supposed to get up to 41 but at 2 it was still 32 so I decided to take my hike anyway. It wasn’t too bad but the road was frozen in most spots. I warmed up by the time I got to the orchard and sat in the chair under the gazebo. The bright sun warmed me and the view was compelling, although I noticed some new logging up on Paris Mountain.
The solar system picked up some sun, from 10 till 2 roughly, but not enough to offset the daily usage. The next few days should be sunny so I shouldn’t have to use the generator for a while since the batteries are pretty charged from the last generator usage.
I switched the Huxley to Alice Munro and I think the students will respond better to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment