Thursday, January 13, 2011

I went to see Dr. Gardner yesterday and after an examination and x-rays, his verdict was moderate arthritis in both my wrists. He switched my medication and said that I could try cortisone shots in the wrists but that might help for just a few days or it could help for years. I am glad to know what I have and I hope that my condition will stabilize and perhaps even get better (especially when the warm weather returns). I ordered a couple of good wrist braces and I hope those will help.
Today I finished the guiding piece, did my weights and yoga, rode the bike and then headed to my office because it was 22 degrees out in the morning. Winter is getting to me, but I just have to be tough. I did a lot at my office, including getting my syllabi ready, mailing the photos for the Neversink piece, talking to Nick Lyons, and now I am ready for Tuesday, the first day of classes.
In the early evening I took a long walk with Rob, and then I went to rehearsal at Justin’s and that was troubling. I couldn’t play “Bessie’s Blues,” our first piece, at our normal speed, although it was fine when we slowed down. Fortunately, the other songs gave me no problem but I wonder how much longer I can perform. That thought is definitely disturbing, and I have some trepidation about performing tomorrow at Gillie’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment