Sunday, December 18, 2016

No Western trip it seems

I can’t say the last two days went well, but I am not dead yet so that is a positive. When I got up on Saturday, I decided to take a walk and that was calming. But I also realized that I wanted to get away for a while (Rob had responded sure to my request to take a 10 day or so trip) so when I returned home, I packed up and got going by 2. As I drove I called Cedarbrook near Elkins and the course was very playable so I was able to get there by 3:15 and played nine holes (51). I drove on to Charlotte to my room at the Wingate where I rode the stationary bike for 40 minutes then went out to P.F. Chang’s for an excellent meal of hot and sour soup, steamed shrimp dumplings, and broccoli and eggplant in garlic sauce. I then drove to downtown and had a very nice walk and I appreciated all the people. I got back and talked to Dave and told him that I was definitely going to try to make Big Bend and then try to do Las Vegas. I was feeling pretty good and I thought Sunday would be a long drive day when I fell asleep at 12:00. However when I awoke at 1:30 my legs were swollen and my left foot really hurt. I finally dropped back to sleep but soon enough I awoke in pain again and this happened 6 or 7 times. This was the result of the change in meds (and the swelling and constipation were things that Rob warned me about) but it became clear that I wasn’t going to be able travel a long distance without having the rights meds. When I got up it wasn’t raining so I rode my bike around the Wingate, took a nap, did all my exercises, weights and yoga and left right at 12. It was not raining so I went on a walk around the fourth ward, then starting driving home. The rain began and I thought that my outdoor exercise day was done but by the time I got to Statesville, the rain had let up and Cedarbrook said the course was open and no real rain was predicted. I got there around 2 and played the back nine for the first time and it looked like I wouldn’t come close to breaking 50 but with a 6 on the second par 5, a great sand shot on the par 3 which led to a par, and a 5 on the last par 4, I ended up with a 47, very rewarding. I drove to my office, took a long nap, finished all the rubric forms, did all the grades, and had a fun time texting with Maddie. I am planning to take her and Claire to dinner and to Moana on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment