Monday, May 15, 2017

good day bad day

Friday I was able to trim the road a bit, bring up the fresh gas for the lawn mower, do my knee exercises, do my 20 minutes of biking, water the greenhouse and pick a nice salad from it. I decided because of the rainy weather to not go into town and that worked out okay, a bit boring but I got some piano playing done (and with only a couple of days back, I am getting better). I also read a lot of Nostromo, more of the Gospel of Matthew, and a little more of the Iliad. I went out on the porch around 8 and did my talking with Jesus and then sang my four holy songs. My voice is awful and I struggle remembering the lyrics (since I am sick and on a lot of heavy duty drugs, I am not going to worry too much about that stuff). My stuff is meant to praise Jesus and I guess he understands. I watched an exciting game between the Celtics and the Wizards and though it looked like the Celtics were going to win rather easily, the Wizards pulled it out at the end and there will be a game seven. I did my weights and yoga during the game to keep my muscle tone as good as I can. I had to go to bed around 11 so I would be able to get up at 5:15 to go to Maddie’s graduation. Saturday was a tough morning. Even with the 2.5 mg Valium, I didn’t sleep very well and it was hard to get going at 5:15. I was a little worried about my GI problems but I made it to Panera by 7, where the Gallos picked me up and Cathy left Maddie and Lou with me at Squires and then we waited for the ceremony to start at 8:30. Maddie won the non-fiction creative writing award and none of the speakers spoke too long so we were done by ten. They dropped me off and I got a bit to eat then took a well needed nap in my truck. At the ceremony, my camera phone stopped working (it was blurry) so I stopped at Verison and found I have no insurance on it and that the update won’t be until September. A new one now would cost S400. Then I headed to my office for new checks and some bank statements so I can try to balance my checking. I made a mess of it yesterday. I am planning to go to the 5 pm mass at Saint Mary’s, which I did and I did get comfort out of it. Sunday was first time in a long time that I actually felt energetic. I trimmed the orchard road some, walked up to the orchard, ran the lawn tractor to keep the mice from nesting, drove back to the house and did a lot of straightening up, did my stationary biking, , my knee exercises, my weights and yoga, played five piano songs, did a couple of washes, spent the last 45 minutes sitting on the porch trying to talk to Jesus (still struggling with that) and singing my songs, “Amazing Grace,” Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore,” Swing Low Sweet Chariot,” “He’s Got the Whole World in his Hands,” and “When the Saints Come Marching in.” My voice is getting stronger but I don’t think Jesus cares much about my voice, just the sincere praise. Monday was a sluggish morning but I forced myself to walk to the second stump and getting back wasn’t too bad. I was doing my knee exercises when Darbi showed up with Randi Lemmon, the appraiser and it sounds like the appraisal should be okay. I did my stationary biking but that was a push and then it was time to head in for bloodwork. That went well, and then I drove to my office where I had to take a good one hour nap and had a tough time getting up. After a cup of tea, I revived a little and I was able to email Kate, check my mail, and do my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment