Sunday, September 10, 2017

Another great kayak trip with my kayak friend

Saturday was a pretty good day.  I did my knee exercises, practiced piano, went for a good uphill bike ride for almost 40 minutes, watched some football, went to the 5 pm mass, went to look at a rental property at 210 Robin Hood, then ended up taking a walk around Blacksburg.  I sent Melinda an email about releasing me without penalty from the lease and asking her for compensation for the upcoming move.  I also got the notice from social security and I will end up losing 4K.  I would like to question them on it but if I bring it up I could lose even more so I may just accept things the way they are.  That means I will have to dig into my savings this month and next but I will be getting regular checks starting in November.  My travelling situation is going to be almost nothing until I see how the income taxes work out.  If I get back anything, then perhaps a short summer trip will be possible.  I talked to Lou yesterday and he was doing better and he said he would be sad to leave the girls.  He was very thankful for my help and I told him just to heal and that would be thanks enough. 


Sunday started out well.  I was able to sleep until 4:30 but needed to take a 2.5 mg valium to get back to sleep before the tenants started making noise and then I slept almost till 9, which was quite good for me.  I tried calling Shawn again but no response so I was able to get my kayak in my truck (it didn’t feel that heavy so my strength is certainly better) and I am to meet Kate at the bridge at 12:45.  I hope being folded up for so long has not hurt my kayak.   My kayak trip with my kayak friend was a great success and the water was up so we were able to hit two really good holes at the end.  Both of us got covered with water.  Earlier we went up the stream and under the railroad bridge and then we continued our chat.  One of our best trips ever.   I picked up a Jimmy John’s sandwich and then headed home for a nap and then a bike ride (three times up the steeper part) then cleaned out the wet stuff in the truck and played some jazz and some church songs on the piano.  Then it was TV time and hopefully I will do my weights and yoga.  

No comments:

Post a Comment