Sunday, September 17, 2017

Thousands of Red-winged Blackbirds

Sunday was a very fine day.  I did my knee exercises, then played the piano for almost 30 minutes, then got all my kayak gear in the truck and headed off to meet Kate.  I got my kayak ready and then did a few things on the truck.  She got there before 1 and soon enough we were on the water for a leisurely trip (the water level was 2.3).  We couldn’t go around the island but we eddied out there and then slowly paddled down to the good rapids which were much lower than our last trip when the water was probably over 3.0.  The rapids were still fun and then we saw an incredible sight, two large sycamores loaded with thousands of red-winged blackbirds, with some of them splashing in the shallows.  It was very impressive.  Then after splitting up I watched the end of the golf tournament at Applebees and headed home for a quick nap and a 40 minute bike ride.  I still have my weights and yoga to do but that will come later.  I did have a nice conversation with Lou and he was appreciative of all my help.


No comments:

Post a Comment