Wednesday, September 27, 2017

back to Colorado

Monday was an uneven day.  I didn’t sleep that well but I still was able to accomplish what I wanted.  I got to rent a City bike and rode over to the Field Museum and back along the harbor.  It was about 35 minutes of riding.  I walked back to the Amrtak and then found out that the train wasn’t leaving until 3:35, so I had an extra hour and a half to kill.  I had eaten a good veggie salad earlier instead of pizza but now I went over to Beggers Pizza and had two small slices.  Then I went back to the station and got on the train around 3:10, with it leaving on time.  I  read more of the book and started Mary Bland’s book.  I also figured out that once I retire I will have to stop paying Tracy back or else I will run out of money fairly quickly and that would be a real disaster.  I have put a lot of money in my will and that is the best I can do. 

Tuesday was the day of my visit to Patty and Josh and Gianna and Grace.  The train got in on time, around 8:30, but I couldn’t find a cab so I ended up walking some then taking the 16th Street Mall bus to Welton then walking up to 20th.  The rental was pretty easy, and then the challenge began.  I got on I-25 and I was a little anxious until I got out of the City, then the driving became easier and I even drove 70 at points.  The GPS got me to Patty’s house and little Grace (2 years old) was so cute and I played various games with her and then I took her and Patty out to lunch at Panda Express, then we went to Cottonwood park where Grace played on the slides and the swings, with boundless energy.  I enjoyed her immensely and then we went to pick up Gianna and she was a beautiful 7 year old and she also enjoyed me immediately.  I joked a lot with her and she really seemed to savor my humor.  Then Josh arrived and he seemed like a very decent man.  We decided to go to Red Lobster for dinner and it was a very fine dinner, with Gianna asking for a lobster tail and I agreed.  Josh and I had the shrimp fest and that was very good.  When I left them to drive to my hotel I told them I regretted being out of touch with them and that I hoped to see them again soon.  They felt the same.  At the Garden Inn, I was disappointed to find no stationary bike, but I did a set of very light weights since my back is still tender.  When I got to my room I was too tired to work out so I just watched TV and eventually went to bed around 11:30.

Wednesday started out as a rainy, overcast day and as I drove along 24 the weather remained poor.  After about a half hour on 9, the weather cleared and I started looking for a place to fish.  I found and okay spot on the Blue River but it wasn’t tempting enough.  Eventually I found a heavily used access point on the Eagle River and cast a couple of lures through all the water I could reach but no hits.  I then drove on until I found the Gypsum Ponds Wildlife Area and I cast into some really nice looking pools but to no avail.  I then drove on the Glenwood Springs and was able to rent a bike from Canyon Bikes and I rode through the Glenwood Canyon and that was very satisfying.   I got a nap in after my ride, then drove to Grand Junction where I stopped for supplies and gas, then drove on to my rather expensive room at the Comfort Inn (123 before taxes) but I wanted a good clean room and the room was exactly that.  I did my knee exercises, then my yoga stuff before heading for dinner at the Tamarisk restaurant, where I had chicken fajitas.  A good day and tomorrow I should get to Dave’s by 7 pm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment