Monday, August 20, 2018

A Decent Sunday


Sunday was a day I was looking forward for a couple of reasons.  First, it was the return of the church choir from summer vacation and I was going to have dinner over at Jeff and Lisa’s.  I got up pretty early and did my knee exercises and some weights and stretching and then headed over to St. Mary’s.  I had been a little nervous about how many people would show up, but it turned out to be 17, with 6 musicians and 9 singers.  I knew it wouldn’t be a big problem and practice proved that right.  We sounded pretty good and Mass was even better.  I made a few unnoticeable mistakes and the singing was rather inspirational (the congregation even clapped at the end).  Rob wasn’t available for a walk so I went home and tried to nap, to no avail and then I decided, after my blog entry, to go to Radford for a walk and to work on my storage problem for my cot.  I did a nice walk inside, perhaps 25 minutes, and then tried different setups as to where to store the cot (I certainly can’t store it fully extended as it would take up too much space) but I couldn’t figure anything out so since it was time to head to Jeff and Lisa’s I had to head off.  It was a fun dinner prepared by Jenny and then we played Cards Against Humanity, which I had never heard of, but it was full of sexual jokes and the sexual answers seemed to almost always win.  It was fun but I wouldn’t want to play it too often. Lisa and I joked together quite a bit and discussed our private concerns some and then Jennie left and the three of us chatted until a little after 8.  I offered to take the three of them out to dinner at some point and they thought that was a good idea.  After leaving I went to my office and quickly figured out a decent way to store the cot, folding it up somewhat into a flat square and placing a sheet over it.  It certainly doesn’t look too bad in the far corner of my office with some drums near it.   Then it was time to drive over to Tech and do my bike ride, and I did ride for 40 minutes though I was very tired.  I stopped at Food Lion for some tomatoes and spinach and ate some fruit and peanut butter for a late meal.  No valium today so that was good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment