Saturday, August 4, 2018

Catching up


Saturday morning and a whole week has passed without an entry.  Part of that is simple laziness and part of it is that I was pretty busy and pretty tired at points.  During the week, I went to see Dr. Ghosheh and my visit was very good.  He agreed that I should stay off the lupus drugs for now and though he would like me to get off the Hydralazine, he thinks I should stay on it for now since I am doing well.  He said that exercise will help my overall health but there was no evidence that it would affect my lupus.  I also went to New River Periodontics and had my teeth cleaned.  I have finished my outlines and rules and I am basically ready to start teaching.  I had dinner with the Gallos yesterday and that was fun.  I went fishing a couple of times out on Sinking Creek (one time when the creek was up a bit, I didn’t get any fish, which was very unusual), played golf a few times and shot pretty well though the last time I played, I shot a 47 and couldn’t focus very well even though I did enjoy myself.  I have resolved to not look at my retirement stuff during the month, and just update things at the end of each month.  I was becoming too obsessed with it and now that I have stopped looking at it, I am much more relaxed.  I can’t worry about three years from now.  If I need to teach an extra semester, so be it.  I talked with Rob yesterday and he was pleased with how I was doing.  I am still trying to set things up for a kayak trip with Kate and I hope to have it figured out soon.  I have started to unload my truck so I can use it to sleep in at least one night on my trip to Norfolk and I hope to use it more since it will save a good deal on motels, which are pretty expensive these days.  I am pretty sure I can get in and out pretty easily and in the past I never minded sleeping in the back of the truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment