Thursday, August 16, 2018

A very bad day and a better one


Tuesday was an awful morning, with the smell in my apartment causing me to be very upset and anxious.  I tried to figure out exactly where it was coming from but I had no success.  Elizabeth came over and she didn’t find it too bad, just that it seemed hot.  I took half a valium and that did help but I was still anxious and I called my sister Judy and she thought it might be my clothes (which did seem to have a smell) and she suggested washing them again and using a dryer instead of the racks I use.  Because of the high humidity in the apartment and possibly because I have kept the windows closed because of the screens not working well, it takes a pretty long time for some of the clothes to dry, especially the cotton things.  I did that with two loads, and I took everything out of the bedroom, including the sheet, the mattress cover (which is thick cotton) and it still smelled.  I went over to Tech for a walk in the cooler library but it was move in day so it was very crowded and I couldn’t find a handicapped spot by the library so I drove over to the Perry Street garage and rode my bike there for 40 minutes.  I went back home and the smell was driving me crazy so I opened the windows and put the fans on but that didn’t work so I called Claire Hall and thankfully she was able to come over and she sniffed around and she found things okay except perhaps for a slightly chemical smell in the bedroom.  She advised using Febreze so I decided to get some later and try it.  I debated going to play golf but I settled on going to Mass (it was a holy day of obligation) and I think that was a good choice.  I got my music stuff for Sunday, saw a few people I knew and said hello to Deacon Rick, Father John, Beth, and Tom.  I then went over to Tech for a 35 minute walk then to Kroger’s to get the Febreze and a couple of other items, then headed home for a late dinner and some TV.

Thursday was an easier morning.  I was a bit anxious but not as bad as yesterday so I did my knee exercises, drove over to the laundromat to do my bed cover because it was too big for the machines here, then drove back to shower and head over to Dr. Wilts, the podiatrist.  He was affable and he thought I may have Morton neuroma, and he fitted me with some inserts with pads in them and hopefully they will help.  I drove home hoping to take a nap before I head out to play golf but I couldn’t fall asleep, so I prayed a bit and calmed myself by going over the good things in my life: a decent job, an apartment that I hope I can stay in (Heather emailed me that they are looking into putting in a massive dehumidifier and that the screen situation is being addressed), a closeness to fishing and mountains, stable health right now, singing in the choir starting up, my friends and family, a lot of good things.  I then sang some of the stuff for Sunday and then caught up on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment