Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A Somewhat Anxious Day


Tuesday has turned out to be another anxious day and I’m not sure why.  Things are going well (off the lupus drugs, all my outlines and rules ready, riding my bike, doing weights and some stretching, playing piano and singing).  Another positive is that  I set up an appointment with a financial advisor at TIAA on the 22nd.  I did my knee exercises, sang my four songs, fixed the bed in the back of my truck (now it’s ready to sleep on), put the inflatable floor in and the paddle, then I was heading out to walk at Tech (even though several of my toes were hurting) but when I saw the sky I decided I’d better try to play golf right then.  When it got there is was very crowded so I played the 18th hole three times, once as a par 5, and I got a 5 on it.  Then I went over to the first tee and it was open as were 2 and 3 so I started playing and did well, with a 5, 4, 4.  On the 4th hole I was close on two (I hit from the 280 yard mark) and, in retrospect, if I had hit my gap wedge onto the green, I might have shot a 39.  Instead I put it in the rough and ended up with a 6.  On the next hole, usually the hardest par 4, I go a 4, then a 5 on the par five with a great putt, then a 4 (after a fine first shot) then another 4, with a great second shot, and all I needed was a 4 to break 40.  My drive was good, but I flubbed my second shot, then hit my third shot to within 4 feet and all I had to do was make the putt for a 39 and instead I left it 3 inches short.  What a dummie.  I stopped for gas, then a McChicken sandwich, then I picked up my prescription at Blacksburg pharmacy, and the rains came, just torrential and I drove back to my apartment, where I tried to take a nap but failed so I got up and played piano for almost 30 minutes, then washed the dishes, then worked on my blog.  Later I plan to go over to Tech to ride and that should calm me a little, although I feel okay right now.  I did not take any valium and that is a good sign.   

No comments:

Post a Comment