Monday, July 3, 2017

Another tough night sleeping

Sunday turned out to be okay, with a visit to the campground in the afternoon, my knee exercises, some more packing and culling out books (I have changed my approach to the books and am only keeping about a third of what I originally boxed).  I am basically keeping only the ones I might teach and if I want to read one of the books I have donated to Goodwill, then I will go to the library.  I headed into town about 4:30 and did my 45 minute bike ride over by the golf course and the fraternity area on Oak Lane.  I rode up to Smithfield Plantation a couple of times and then headed back to the Perry Street garage.   I did my blog (which turned out to be a lengthy one) and I headed back to the campground and ended up having a long talk with Dougie, then I sat with the others around the campfire until after ten.  When I got home I was too tired to do my weights and yoga but I cooked a veggie burger and a bowl of mixed veggies and stayed up until 12:15, figured that would help give me a good night’s sleep.  I took 2.5 mg of Valium and fell asleep pretty quickly, but then disaster.  I awoke at 2:30 and knew I needed at least another 2.5 mg of Valium, but after taking it, I still wasn’t sleepy at almost 3:00 so I took 2 Trazadones and finally fell asleep at about 3:30 and slept till 8:30, again struggling to get out of bed.  I did get up around 9:00, took one Zoloft and my synthroid, and then started to do some separating of books and cleaning out three drawers.  I had to lie down regularly, but I got a good bit done, testing the generator and getting two bags of garbage into the truck.  I finally started getting ready to leave around 3:00, stopped to say hello to the campers, then dropped off the batteries and the garbage, dropped off a bunch of books at Goodwill, took my pants to Rose Tailor to have the zipper fixed, and then drove to McDonalds to do some phone calling and to do my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment