Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Forgiveness from Greg

       Monday was another struggle to get up morning, but I did and ended up doing some work around the house, my knee exercises, a rosary, some Bible reading in Luke, and then heading into town for the Holy Spirit group.  It was a good experience and at the end the group prayed over Eileen and I and it felt good just to have their prayers for my efforts to connect with the Holy Spirit.  I did volunteer to help out with the big yard sale and I am going to give them a lot of books (mainly nature books and poetry and then some other stuff, including two fly fishing poles, a heating blanket, a music stand and a few other items).  After we finished around 9, I went and did my bike ride on the VT campus.  I got home and watched some TV and finally went to sleep around 12:15.  I was a bit restless but I didn’t take anything except the initial 2.5 mg of Valium.

     Tuesday turned out okay.  I drove in for a walk with Rob on the Tom’s Creek Trail.  I did okay for about ¾ of the walk then got wobbly and Rob had to help me walk.  It was embarrassing but I should have shortened the walk and I would have been okay I think.  Then we went to Rob’s and he made me an excellent lunch of chicken and beef kabobs with onions and peppers with a nice salad and then some expresso coffee ice cream.  We had a nice chat during the walk and then at the house and I finally left around 2.  I tried to nap but could only rest a little in the Perry Street garage, then I rode my bike and headed back to the hollow, where I found that the campers had left.  I packed the truck with two large boxes of books and then lay down and rested until around 8, got up for a cup of tea and then did my prayers and songs at 9.  That made me feel better.  I played through the Christian songs and then watched some historical TV.  As Rob advised, I took 2 zolofts an hour and 15 minutes before going to bed and that eliminated the heartburn.  I took a 2.5 mg Valium but I got up around 2:30 and took another 2.5 which let me sleep until around 7.


Wednesday was a struggle to get up, but I finally did and then I did a lot of work on packing things up, getting together a good pile of things for the yard sale, and cleaning out the two closets in the study.  I emptied the shelf thing with the fishing gear and that was a good bit of work.  I think I am making progress but I still have so much to do it seems.  Fortunately, I still have at least 5 weeks to finish up and I am going to ask Claire to come help me with the attic.   I drove down to the pasture a few times and I tried my call to Greg.   He was kind and forgave me for the angry and mean-spirited way I had treated him and the rest of the family.  I told him about the lupus situation and he seemed to be doing very well and so is his wife Chris.  I am glad for him and my other siblings.  They all seem to be doing well and that makes me happy.   Around 3 I drove in and got rid of some recycling and some garbage, then dropped off a few things at Goodwill (where the guy coughed right in my face), then signed for the cancellation of my home insurance (I should get almost a thousand back I hope), and then headed to Rob’s office for blood work (where Valarie wasn’t feeling very well and I wasn’t wearing a mask).  I hope I don’t get sick.   I then had an egg biscuit at Bogangles and took a short nap in the parking lot before heading to McDonalds for coffee and a small fudge Sunday and to work on my blog.      

No comments:

Post a Comment