Sunday, June 19, 2011

As I was driving home yesterday, the weather cleared and I decided to play golf at Vista Links, a new course near Buena Vista. I played from the gold tees and though it was a tough course, hilly with a lot of traps, I shot a 47, even with a 7 on the last hole. After that I drove into Lexington to have lunch at the Natural Food Co-op and it was quite good. After that I decided to take a nap near Acadia and that was needed. I was right by the stream so I put on my tevas and took a quick dip in the cold water. I stopped at Starbucks and had a green tea and did more work on my computer. Then it was time to drive home and when I got there everything was in pretty good shape. After unloading most of the truck, I made dinner of salad and a cheese and peanut butter sandwich and practiced briefly. The solar was 99% but the TV wasn’t working (I did get it fixed later) but the power vent doesn’t seem to have done much for the humidity. It was 91% when I left and two weeks later it was 90%. I will give it a chance but I don’t think it is going to do much. I then drove in to watch Green Lantern, which was entertaining enough.
In the morning I did more cleaning up of the truck and house and then when Rob called, I drove in to go for a hike with him to Pandapus Pond. He is doing okay with Noah moving to Fay’s and Rachel moving in with him. I told him Noah will be back soon enough.
My schedule for the fall is in question. I don’t have enough students in either 202 and my Environmental Literature course also hasn’t made. I may have to teach earlier and it is likely I will have to teach freshman at least next semester.
I should hear about the VOF decision by Thursday. I am not that hopeful but I will just have to move on to Western Virginia Land Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment