Saturday, June 25, 2011

On Thursday, I got the power vent moved and they didn’t charge me even though I offered to pay some. It is much quieter in the bedroom now. I also was able to clear out some of the junk in the crawlspace, so that felt good.
I went kayaking for the first time since the gout hit this winter and I did very well. I paddled for about an hour, eventually surfed the big wave at Bluff City and helped rescue a fisherman who flipped over and got his anchor caught between both rapids. Heath, a kayaker I met, and I finally had to cut the anchor rope but the fellow was okay and we saved most of his gear.
Today I did some practicing, yoga and weights, then I decided to take the day off. I drove to the new river trail near Hiwassee and rode 10 miles. After that I needed a nap but I then drove out 100 to the Vest funeral home and dug some stairs and caught a dozen redeye bass. I did go further down than I had and the water was okay but not sensational.

No comments:

Post a Comment