Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cataract Surgery Coming

Thursday turned out pretty well even though it was a long day.  I had to go visit Dr. Farhi and it was a confusing visit.  After checking my eyes she wrote that I have cataracts in both eyes and said that I should have surgery.  She noted that I should avoid driving at night.  Then she quickly went over some options, and I am really not sure what these options exactly are.  One involves an extra thousand an eye and the other involves two thousand an eye and uses a multi-focal lens.  Both of these options are non medical, and they would be my personal preference.  Both would require me to pay for the procedures.  I could afford 4k if I thought it was worth it but I am not sure of that right now.  I want to talk to Rob before I make any decisions.  Farhi dilated my eyes and right now, at a little after 10, they are still blurry from the drops.   After teaching, I took a long nap in my office and then I drove home just before dark.  I was not feeling well so I napped again, this time for an hour, and then got up and had some steamed vegetables and then did my 30 minutes of biking along with 30 minutes of singing.  I did my weights and yoga this morning (after missing the past two days) and I am hopeful of doing another set letter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment