Friday, June 8, 2018

A Quick Hospital Visit


Friday is going to be a catchup entry.  I had a very mixed week with Tuesday being one of my best kayak trips ever.  Kate and I got off at around 2:30 and it was simply perfect.  The water was up so we easily went under the two train bridges and Kate even went further.  Then we went around the island and it seemed so lovely.  I missed the biggest hole but Kate got it and then it was over, perhaps the last time we will paddle the New together.  I do still hope to paddle with her out in Norfolk but who knows what my health will allow.  Tuesday was a very odd day.  I awoke anxious and my breathing was pretty bad.  I did my knee exercises then took a half of a valium and two puffs of my asthma spray.  It didn’t seem to help so I took another two puffs and another half of valium and that didn’t seem to help so I tried the nebulizer and that didn’t help.  I was very anxious and very tight in the chest so I called Rob’s office and headed over.  When I got there my breathing was very tight and Rob said I had to go to the hospital and he wheeled me over in a wheelchair.  When we got there, I was very quickly put in a bed in the emergency room and a number of doctors and nurses looked me over.  They put in an IV and took blood and then gave me fluids and then an X-ray and moved me up to 203.  I was starting to feel better and I was thinking that maybe my early morning dose of Cyclosporin had caused the breathing and anxiety problems.  Anyway, I went to bed around 12 and was interrupted a couple of times for vitals and blood and then in the morning, I was seen by a few doctors and no one could tell me why I had the problems.  After kidney and vascular ultrasounds, I begged to be allowed to leave and I was told that would be okay.  I spoke to Dr. Ghosheh and I told him I wanted to see him instead of Trivedi and he approved that and told me he was going to try to set up and appointment for me with a leading nephrologist in late July.  I told him Rob wanted me to see a rheumatologist and he said that would be fine but the most important one would be the nephrologist.  Then I was released and I went to play golf, where I shot a 43 and played remarkably well.  I missed several pretty short putts or I could have shot a 40.  I drove out to Caldwell Fields and then home to do 20 minutes of biking and some of my shoulder exercises and watch the Caps win the Stanley Cup for the first time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment