Saturday, June 23, 2018

Catchup


This will be a big catchup, all the way to Saturday morning.  The train ride back started okay, but toward evening I started having an itch on my back.  I thought it might be bed bugs and the car attendant said it was possible but he also said that it might be the detergent they use to clean the cars.  Anyway, it got worse and when I got home it was a real problem.  Rob had me go to see Dr. Johnson in Narrows and he did a biopsy but I didn’t hear until I went to see Rob on Wednesday for a shot to calm the itching and it turned out I had ringworm.  It certainly didn’t look like ringworm but that’s what the biopsy said.  So I had to undergo treatment for ringworm, taking some pills and some cream and washing my hair with Nizoral.  I felt better on Friday and pretty good this morning.  I must have gotten it when I was wearing my tevas when Roberta and I were kayaking.  I went to UVA on Tuesday to see Dr. Kalantari and he was very sociable and very smart.  The drive up and back wasn’t too bad and on the way back I got off at the exit for North Creek and drove up to the top of the mountain and rode my bike around MM 99 for 40 minutes.  Even though I was itching some, I really enjoyed the views and the exercise was great.  I rode my bike yesterday all around the Tech campus and I hope to ride later.  Saturday morning was very productive with knee exercises, doing two loads of was, straightening up around the apartment, signing up for Mychart at UVA, playing some piano and singing.  However, I couldn’t nap, which may be because of the Cellcept of the Terbinafine tablets for the ringworm (which can affect your sleep).   Yesterday was a very hard morning, full of self doubt.  I was very uncomfortable and I ended up taking half a valium twice to calm myself and help me sleep a bit.  Dave called and I was very down but he cheered me up and later I went for my bike ride, mentioned above.


No comments:

Post a Comment