Friday, June 1, 2018

Golf, Biking, Fishing and Walking


Wednesday morning I had a nice chat with Kelly, somewhat about Lucia and Grit, somewhat about how hard it is to take care of a house.  Now living in a small apartment, I certainly am relieved that I don’t have to maintain the hollow.  Even keeping the apartment tidy can seem a bit much, but Kelly’s house is very large and it must require a lot of attention.  I am planning to go visit her, probably after my trip to Roberta’s, assuming my health remains reasonable.  I would enjoy seeing Lucia and Alfredo and I think I can handle the drive even if I have to take two days each way.  
Thursday morning had its strangeness.  I awoke from a weird dream of deep insecurity, but after I started my knee exercises and figured out that my finances should be okay well past 80, I relaxed and got to work, straightening up a bit and washing the dishes.  I spent some time on my Craig Creek poem, which is getting better and better, and I returned to my blog.  I did more work around the house and lay down a few times but didn’t really nap.  Then it was time to get ready to go to Toyota for service on my truck.  The servicing was pretty quick and I also go new brake pads so I am ready for another 10,000 miles.  I then went out to fish at the bridge in White Gate and caught two nice redeye bass.  Returning through Radford, I rode my bike for 40 miniutes then put in Autumn Bishop’s grade and brought the washed pillow cases, sheet and blanket up to the office, where I had already brought up the cot I purchased.  Now I should be ready for the fall, when I won’t have to struggle up from the floor when I take a nap.  I drove home and watched a very exciting Warriors / Cavs game, and did my weights and some of my shoulder exercises.  Cathy had to have surgery yesterday for one of the fragments that remained from the breakup of her kidney stone.  I heard her screaming and it was awful.  I think she is okay and I hope to see her soon.
 Friday started out okay, with my knee exercises and some reading, and then a long call to my sister Judy who is doing pretty well with her tunnel and bridge phobia.  I discussed whether stopping all my drugs, if I got to a point where life wasn’t worth living,  would be okay with the church and she thought it was definitely okay but advised me to talk to Father John, which I intend to do.  It was a good phone call.  I have to do my piano playing and then I have to see Rob at 2:30 and then hopefully golf and biking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment