Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Difficult New York Visit

Tuesday is turning out to be a hard day. I started with my knee exercise, then straightened up some, then headed in for the lunch at Radford for our first candidate.  I was feeling okay and I wasn’t coughing, so after the lunch I decided to ride my bike from the dog run to wildwood park and I think that was a bad idea.  I started coughing when I got done and on my way to visit Verizon to see why my alarm wasn’t working, I called Rob’s office and he called me in an antibiotic just in case my coughing portends something serious.  I am to see him tomorrow at 1:30.  I got to my office around 5 but was very anxious and I took half a valium and napped briefly although I got very cold and had to hide under the covers.  I did force myself up, printed out this weeks songs, found out the time for the dinner, then started doing my blog.  I am not very happy.  The new York trip was not very good but I did get to spend a lot of time with Julian and some with Gabes.  Francesca was in Italy so I didn’t get to see her, but I did chat some with Arlene and that was good.  The train ride was boring, uncomfortable and it had a lot of people coughing so I think that is where I picked up whatever I have.  I spent about an hour walking around Times Square and Bryant Park and Grand Central Station but I had to stay near a bathroom because of an unpredictable constipation.  I did get to ride Gabe’s Peloton bike and that was pretty impressive.  I did a couple of trails in Costa Rica and along the San Francisco coast.


Wednesday was an okay day.  I slept pretty well despite coughing some and then I got up and did my knee exercises.  After that I packed three boxes of books and did some straightening out around the apartment.  The big surprise was that I saw a mouse exiting my garbage and that has to be taken care of.  I drove into town around 12:00, dropped off Mary’s stuff, picked up my jacket at Rose Tailor, then drove to Rob’s office.  He said my chills may be because of my thyroid, that the sensitive breasts might be because of a testosterone problem, that that my chest sounded fine but he was glad I was on antibiotics.  I talked with Gloria and we had a nice chat, mainly about how life sucks as you get old.  It really does.  I certainly lack joy in my life, and though I will continue praying, going to church and going to the Holy Spirit group, my hopes that some kind of joy or at least comfort might come from my struggle for belief, nothing has really happened.  I also talked to Cathy and both Maddie and Claire are sick and she is exhausted from all the things she has to take care of.  I do hope that she and Lou can work it out so she can quit her job.  I did print out the music for next Sunday and I did listen to several of the songs and I sang very softly to them.  I put out two mouse traps and I hope they will work tonight.  I wish I could be more positive and enthusiastic but it is so hard right now.  I do hope Dr. Trivedi can do something about the prednisone when I see her on Tuesday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment