Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A New Will

Wednesday turned out to be a pretty good day.  I decided that I was really being negative and I decided to try to make the day a good one even with the prednisone—and I pretty much succeeded.  I got up and did my knee exercises, did a wash, cleaned the bathroom a little for the inspection on Friday, did some singing on the new song, “Christ, Be Our Light” and then played the melody on the piano and sang to that.  I am getting the higher E better so progress is being made.  I then headed to see Bettye Ackerman and I got my new will and my power of attorney.  Bettye told me about a guy coming to find Tracy a few months ago who eventually killed someone in an optometrist’s office.  That must have been pretty scary for her.  After meeting with Bettye, I headed over to my office and got a good bit of stuff done, sorting things for my files, finding out my Long Term Care benefit, talking with Robert Williams some, chatting with Holly, getting a copy of the Power of Attorney and the Will for Rob.  Then I went bike riding along the river and up into Wildwood park for a decent 45 minute ride in the cold light mist.  Back to my office for some more work, then driving home to take a quick nap and then off to Tech to walk for 40 minutes in Torgersen Hall.  After that it was time for cooking dinner, a veggie burger and a big bowl of mixed vegetables, then singing “Christ, Be Our Light” and “All of Me” and “Green Dolphin Street.”  I guess since I can’t play the flute anymore, singing will have to be my musical way.  I am enjoying it very much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment