Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pretty Good Day

Wednesday was a pretty good day.  I did my knee exercises while reading Samuel 2, then taped all the new songs together, then sang each of them twice.  My voice is okay but I wonder if I should get some coaching.  I think my range is getting slightly better but I’m not sure.  Several of the songs are 5 pages long and that is a bit unnerving but I’m hoping the practice will help.  I then drove over for my appointment with Bettye Akerman and she was a delight to meet and to chat with.  I was very impressed with her.  Then I went over to get Cathy Gallo’s gifts and back home for my bike ride (only three laps since my neck started to hurt) and at the end my sister Roberta called and we had a very good chat for almost an hour and a half (it was too late to go to the 7 o’clock mass but it was very good to reconnect with her).  It was very easy and comfortable to talk with her and I hope we can stay in touch.  I got Kelly’s card today and I emailed my thanks and offered to come up on a Friday in the future so I can get back in time for singing practice on Sunday morning.  My kayak buddy also texted me about kayaking on Sunday and I should be able to meet her by 1 on Sunday.  I still have to call Nora and it will be nice to catch up with her and Gloria called and we had a very nice chat.  I am watching the World Series and the Astros are leading 5-0 and that is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment