Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Bad day, Good day

Monday was a fairly difficult day.  I awoke fairly anxious, did my knee exercises, then did a slightly shorter bike ride.  I practiced some singing and then went to play golf but I was awful.  It was windy so I was wearing my flannel liner and my goretex jacket but I am not sure that really affected things.  I drove over to Heather Hodges’ office and signed my lease so that is done.  Later I did attend the Holy Spirit group and with Betty Anne there, the singing was better but it was very cold and I was really uncomfortable.  Next time I will wear my heavy coat. When I got home I was thoroughly chilled and I didn’t do my weights and yoga but I did watch A Man for all Seasons and enjoyed it very much.  Thomas More was an extraordinary individual. 


Tuesday, Halloween, is my birthday and I am 66.  I think I have come to terms with my finances and after I pay off my truck loan and my AXA loan, both in February of 2020, I should have a reasonable amount of extra cash coming in, and then when I finish paying Tracy off in December 2022, I will have even more financial flexibility.  I probably means I should keep working until June 2020, but that is only five more semesters and I will be 69.  Moira Bake is 70 and still working and Lou is 72 so 69 shouldn’t be a problem if my health continues doing well.  It is that next two years and a half that will be tighter than I would like but if I am careful with my money, then I should get by.  Kelly called me and wished me a happy birthday and we chatted some and that was nice.  Gabes also called and I should see him the weekend of November 11th and 12th  when I will be taking Amtrak from Roanoke to New York.  I also got a call from Lou wishing me a happy birthday.  He and Cathy are going to take me out Saturday for dinner at the Mexican place next to Sal’s.  Maddie sent me a birthday greeting also.  She is feeling a little better.  I texted Claire Gallo about how her job is going and how her cough is and she texted back that she talked to her boss and that her cough is better.  I did my knee exercises, practiced some singing, and then went for a good bike ride.  I tried to nap a little but could only rest my eyes.   I went over to Radford to meet Kate at Macados and we had salads and a nice chat then Rob called and I went for a full walk on the Tom’s Creek trail with him and caught up on his doings.  Then it was home for a quick nap and some more printing out songs and singing practice.  I will watch the World Series and do my weights and yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment