Monday, October 2, 2017

leaving Las Vegas

Saturday I got up around 7 and started my knee exercises, then did some financial stuff (both my TIAA account and my AXA accounts did much better than expected so that was a nice surprise).  We sat around and chatted, went to the weight room and worked out a bit, then I napped and we headed out for dinner at a very good steakhouse.  We returned home and I had one poke on the higher level joint, and that kept me pretty high the rest of the evening.  I went to be bed around 2.

Sunday was a good day initially.  I got up around 7, did my knee exercises and yoga, then Dave and I chatted for a long time then went out for breakfast.  After that we headed to a bar/restaurant to meet David and Danny, his two sons, and we watched the 49ers game.  After the game we drove over to Danny’s place and while Dave napped Danny and I had a good talk after I took one poke on some pretty mild weed.  I wanted to drive back but Dave insisted and it was a little scary but we got home safe.   When we turned on the TV we got the first reports of the terrible shooting which had occurred at the Jason Aldean concert.  I was too tired to stay up and Dave had fallen asleep so I went to bed.


Monday morning I did my knee exercises and my yoga and followed the tragic shooting online.  Over 50 people had been killed and hundreds injured.  When Dave awoke we watched the coverage on TV and then we went out to breakfast at the Black Bear Dinner.  After a warm goodbye I drove to I-15 and with a couple of breaks and a nap, I reached Richfield and the Comfort Inn, where I was able to do some weights and ride the exercise bike for over thirty minutes.  I went out to a steakhouse for dinner but I had a side salad, a baked potato and some vegetables.  Then I stopped at Walmart for supplies and headed back to the motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment