Friday, October 27, 2017

Bad day, good day

Thursday started out as a pretty bad day, but ended up okay.  I woke up and was pretty worried about my finances.  Then I called my sister Judy while I was doing my knee exercises and she tried very hard to be helpful but I was in a very down mood.  I was feeling very trapped and even more so with moving to Prices Fork (the idea that they are planning to build more apartments behind me upset me even further).  Finally I got going and rode my bike for 45 minutes, then went to Auburn Hills to play golf.  I was horrid and didn’t even finish up the nine holes.  Things started to change when I called Heather Hodges and she told me they wouldn’t be building for at least 2 years.  That was good news.  Then I spoke with Dave and he cheered me up and said that perhaps I should look into increasing my long term care coverage. I also spoke to my niece Jenny and she was as lively as ever.  I drove to RU and dropped off Kate’s gift, visited Holly, said hello to Rosemary, then had a nice chat with Moira Baker.  It was almost 8 when we finished so I went to the reading in Rick’s class and the woman who read was very good, and she read from a piece on the Guadalupe Mountains National Park, where I had been in December.  After that I drove home in a good mood.


Friday was a much more relaxed day.  I did my knee exercises, then took a good bike ride.  I tried to nap but just rested my eyes, then I got an email from my kayak friend showing me the bouquet of Oriental lilies and red roses I sent.  I then drove to the Cascades and walked up about a mile and back.  It was very pretty and I felt very good that I could go so far.  I then drove out to Walker Creek and first stopped at the bridge in White Gate to fish (no hits) then drove to Mechanicsville and got two nice bluegills on a spinner.  After that I drove back to Bburg, stopped at Kroger for some shredded cheese, and headed home for a quick nap and getting ready to watch game three of the world series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment