Thursday, October 19, 2017

An Argument with Claire

Wednesday I did my weights and yoga in the morning after my knee exercises.  Then I headed off to Wake Forest, where I rode my bike for 40 minutes.  The campus is not bike friendly but I got to see more of the campus, including Wingate Hall and The Waite Chapel.  I met Maddie at 4:40 and she was upset because she had lost her keys.  We called the bus company but no one returned our calls so we were hoping that we might hear tomorrow.  When Claire arrived, we drove over to MacAllister’s Deli, a place I have never been and Claire and I had a big argument.  She started yelling at me not to turn just as a car started pulling out in front of me.  I yelled at her because she was supposed to be paying attention to traffic.  She said I was imposing on her by asking her to be navigator and that upset me a lot.  Does she think I am her servant or an Uber driver.  When we got to MacAllister’s we chatted for a while and I explained that my only focus was safety and that I needed help with getting there since it was a completely new place.  She calmed down a bit, paid for her own food, and despite saying she was going to sit by herself, she sat with Maddie and I although she didn’t speak much during dinner.  When we got back to the apartment, I offered to stay outside for awhile or get a room, but Maddie wanted me to stay so I did.  Maddie came out from her room later and we had a nice chat and then Claire came out and joined in for a few minutes.  I watched Mad Max Fury Road and a few other programs until I went to bed around 11:30.  I didn’t sleep well even though I had closed the vent and the air wasn’t blowing much on me but it was still pretty cold and I ended up putting on an extra set of long johns and my sweater over my liner.


Thursday we got going around 9:30 and the drive up was fine.  Claire seemed in a good mood and we passed the giant pumpkin fields just before getting on 81.  I got Claire and Maddie home safely and chatted with Lou for 15 minutes before heading off to meet Doug.  The house was okay but there were steps up from the garage and the price 249K was just too high.  We then drove over to the Lovely Mount townhouses but they weren’t in very good shape so I decided to pass on them.  I took a nap then played golf, playing the last three holes, 4/3, 5/5, and 5/4 to finish 4 over (roughly a 49).  Then I drove home, tried to nap and couldn’t, then rode my bike for 40 minutes around Hethwood.  I straightened up the truck, did my knee exercises, read Ruth in the Bible, some Augustine and then cooked dinner.  I hope to do my yoga and weights later.

No comments:

Post a Comment