Thursday, October 12, 2017

Safe Drive Back with Claire and Maddie

Wednesday was a good day.  I drove down to Wake Forest, leading around 9:30 in the morning and getting there around 11:30.  I rode my hike for forty minutes seeing a little of the campus (I didn’t want to go down a hill to the main part), including Waite Chapel, Farrell Hall, the Heath and Fitness Building and Alumni Hall.  I met Maddie at 1:40 and took her out to lunch at the Silo Bistro and we had a fine lunch, with the baked brie as an appetizer a fine treat.  My shrimp salad was very good.  Then we went back to the apartment and Maddie studied until Claire got home around 5:15, then we drove to a Brixx Pizza place which was decent.  After that we headed home and Claire and Maddie stayed in their bedroom and I watched TV until 11:30.  I did do my yoga.


Thursday was another good day, with Maddie and Claire getting up around 8:00.  I was able to do my yoga before they got up.  We left around 9:00 and we passed a huge pumpkin patch near the New River, literally thousands of pumpkins.  I dropped them off around 11:00 and it was good to see the reunion between Lou and Maddie and Claire.  I stayed and chatted for a few minutes, then drove to Rob’s for a flu shot and my blood test, then I headed off to play nine holes of golf.  I started awfully, an 8 and a 7  on the opening par 5 on the back nine but I played okay after that, ending up 2 over so a 51 for each nine.  I did play from further up since I wasn’t playing that well.  Then I headed back for a nap and then a bike ride over at VT in the Perry Street garage.  Then it was home for pasta and veggies then another nap and watching the Cubs/Nationals game.

No comments:

Post a Comment