Thursday, November 9, 2017

An Awful Morning

Thursday started out an awful day, with my anxiety level way up there.  I hardly could stand it and I had to take half a valium just to calm down.  I called Dr. Trivedi’s office and Kendra said she would call me back to discuss me coming in next week instead of the week after (she never called).  If she did call I was ready to go get my bloodwork done so as to be ready for an earlier appointment.  I did my knee exercises, did some straightening around the apartment for tomorrow’s inspection, tried to nap, failed, then drove over to Tech to return The Magic Flute and then I walked around downtown a little. Then I went back to the apartment, got more things together for my trip to New York tomorrow, tried to nap again and failed again, then did my 45 minute bike ride and I was finally able to drift off at least for a few minutes.  I got up and packed my truck, bringing my computer with me though I was unsure if I really wanted to carry it in my backpack (I am pretty sure I won’t).  The drive up I-81 was pretty impressive and the leaf change seemed almost to peak.  I decided to stop at Barnes and Noble to see about purchasing A Man Called Ove but it was pretty large so I am just going to bring Tender Is the Night, the Fitzgerald novel I haven’t read in years and is pretty small.  I had some mussels at Carrabba’s with some of their delicious bread and then drove to the Holiday Inn Express where I finally got a reasonable nap.  After that I watched some TV and then I went down to my truck, drove around the back and sang three of the songs for church, two times each.  I hope to go down and sing some more later.   Kim’s surgery seems to have gone well and there is a chance she will be able to go home tomorrow, which would be great.  My right breast is still sensitive but I will just have wait until I get back to see what to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment