Saturday, November 4, 2017

Dougie and Margee's Wedding

Saturday turned out to be an okay day despite being rather gloomy outside, very overcast with occasional rain.  I awoke a little anxious but I did my knee exercises and read more of Samuel 2.  David is a pretty rotten character at points.  I then decided to take my bike ride over at the Perry Street garage and I rode for 45 minutes going up the three ramps a total of 12 times.  That calmed me some and after getting home I took a quick but rewarding nap and then I headed over to the John Farm for Dougie and Mergee’s wedding.  I was a brief but nice ceremony with the couple mixing small bottles of sand together.  I saw a lot of the people from the campground and I talked with Tim, Danny’s son, and talked with Danny and Judy some.  The food was pretty good and I ate too much but enjoyed it.  I stayed for over 2 and ½ hours and almost didn’t get back to Blackburg in time to beat the darkness.  I emailed Kate but haven’t heard from her so I am not sure how tomorrow will go.  I wouldn’t mind not kayaking since I am going to sing tomorrow and I still don’t have the songs fully down even though I have practiced them twice each day.  I think my voice is getting a little stronger and with a little more range but they seem much harder than last week’s songs.  I also had a nice chat with Gyorgyi (she is doing well) and I tried to call Nora and Dave, to no avail.  I am watching the VT / Miami game and at this point Miami is ahead 14 nothing.  Tech is usually a good second half club.

No comments:

Post a Comment