Sunday, November 19, 2017

Singing once again

Saturday started pretty good.  I slept pretty well despite coughing quite a bit, and then I did my full knee exercises, along with reading some of Kings.  I packed 4 boxes more so I am only 2 behind on my goal of 12 (3 a day).  I did some catching up on my blog, sang 3 of the songs twice, tried to nap and failed, then started my prayers.  I felt well enough to go for a 30 minute flat bike ride with perhaps a cough or two, then I settled in to watch the Tech game, which Tech won 20-14, with a very exciting goal line stand my Tech to prevent Pitt from winning.  After that I got ready to go to mass and attended the 5 o’clock mass hoping to be able to practice the new songs, but two of the songs were different so I didn’t get the practice I was hoping for.  I saw Joseph and Felistus after mass and I gave Mary Bland back her book.  I had another good conversation with my sister Roberta and admitted what a dummy I was.  Then I had a long and good conversation with Lou.  He thought I should write about my Lupus experience and work with the wolf imagery.  Another thing that struck me was the lack of a future I have.  Later I  emailed Beth but she didn’t respond so I guess I will just wing it.   I went for a 20 minute walk over at Kroger and bought one of the small roasted chicken and enjoyed over half of it in my truck then drove home for a big bowl of vegetables.  Unfortunately I started coughing very heavily so that is very disconcerting.   I watched TV until 12:15, and then tried to go to sleep but I was still coughing heavily, even after I took several puffs, so I decided to use the nebulizer and that did help.  I had to move to the master bedroom to sit upright but fortunately the upstairs tenants were quiet and I did drift off at points.


Sunday I awoke at about 8:15, feeling pretty tired but not coughing too much.  I wasn’t sure if I should try to sing but after trying to nap for a few minutes and failing, I decided to get up and go to the church.  I got there just as the baptism was finishing and we started our practice around 10:30.  I felt pretty good during the practice and Beth didn’t complain so I decided to sing through the mass.  I had to go out at one point to cough and get some water but overall I think I sang pretty well, although Beth didn’t say a word.  I guess if she had problems with my singing she would have said something.  I felt pretty good about singing but not as good as the first two times, but I think that might be because I am not feeling that well overall.  I stopped at Food Lion to pick up some vinegar and take a 20 minute walk and I hope to drive to Walmart later for some supplies and for a longer walk.  I did a wash, watched a little TV, napped a little, and am going to try to work on a poem.  I did write a pretty good draft of a poem about losing my future to lupus, and I think it could easily turn into a series of poems.  I sent Lou a copy and he liked it.  I am planning to go over there for a quick visit on Tuesday.  I drove to Walmart for some supplies and a 45 minute walk.  That felt pretty good.  I haven’t taken any Valium today and I think that is very good, but I am not worried about taking some if I need to.  I guess today went okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment