Monday, November 6, 2017

Another Kayak Trip and Growing Health Concerns

Sunday was a good day, though my fears about what’s wrong with my right and left breasts made me pretty anxious.  I get the mammogram and the sonogram on Tuesday and I am getting pretty scared.  I didn’t sleep very well, with my health issue worries and my concerns about singing plus my worry about the kayak trip since it was so gloomy out in the morning.  I packed up the truck with my kayak stuff, then headed over to St. Mary’s to get to rehearsal at 10:15.  I was very flustered at first but Beth was very helpful and the rehearsal went pretty well.  When it was over, I checked my email and my kayak friend had cancelled, which seemed a mixed blessing.  Now I didn’t have to worry about getting to the 114 bridge at 1 o’clock but not seeming my kayak friend was very disappointing.  Mass went okay and Beth said I did fine so I will continue with the singing and maybe take lessons but I will probably wait till after the doctors can figure out what is wrong with me.  As mass was going on I noticed that it was brightening outside and when I left after the exit hymn I thought to call my kayak friend to see if she wanted to reconsider but the woman parked next to me couldn’t get her car started and asked me if I could help and I did, pulling out my jumper cables and, with the help of another fellow, getting her car started.  I texted my kayak friend and then called her and she was having the same thoughts I had and we agreed to meet at the bridge at 1:30.  Our trip went very well, and though we had to pull our boats around the island because the water was much too low, we ended up doing the whole trip in about 2 hours, which was a surprise to us both, and it allowed her to get back in time to walk her dog.  Very good trip.  I then took a brief nap in my truck and then headed over to see Lou and Cathy.  I was a nice visit.  I gave Cathy her gift cards and they gave me a small CD/radio and that will be a useful thing to have.  I left there around 9 and since I really wanted a distraction, I headed to the Blacksburg Cinebowl to see the new Thor movie and it was very different than the earlier ones.  It was much more comedic and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Then I stopped at Kroger for some cheese and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, but the flavor, American Dream, was not to my liking so I only ate a little and I am going to throw the rest out.  I finally got to sleep around 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment