Thursday, December 21, 2017

An Anxious Night before the Move But All Goes Well

Wednesday was the day of the move and Tuesday night was a very anxious one.  Earlier, I was not able to get the shot to help my blood because my blood pressure was too high and I was so restless later on that I went out around 11 and bought pistachios and steamed Cajun shrimp and ate all seven ounces of pistachios and over eight ounces of steamed shrimp.  I felt awful about doing it but I literally couldn’t stop.  After an incredibly restless night I finally got up around 6, finished packing some stuff and then took a well needed nap.  After that, Claire came over and we packed up all TV, my piano, the radio and my printer.  I took Claire to lunch at Macado’s and then I went back to meet the movers.  They loaded things in about an hour and then drove over to Prices Fork and unloaded in about an hour and a half.  It cost me 275, so I was a little under budget.  At first it seemed like I just had too much stuff, but as I put away a few things I started to feel better.  I treated myself to Chicken Mac and Cheese at Macado’s and then returned to my new apartment and put away a few more things.  I spend a very good night sleeping in the darkness of the guest room and didn’t wake until 6:30.

Thursday was a very good day.  I was feeling pretty good about my new place and I put away a few things and then headed over to Hethwood to start cleaning out what was left in the apartment.  It didn’t take long to get the stuff out and then I decided to drive back to Prices Fork for a nap before the Comcast guy got there. I did my knee exercises and then started putting more boxes away and at a little after one the Comcast guy came and within an hour he had everything fixed up.  Claire came and I took her to Greens for lunch before we drove back to Prices Fork to unload the truck, which only took a few minutes, then we headed back to Hethwood and while Claire vacuumed I finished cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen and then we loaded the truck and we gave back the keys a little after 4:30.  Then I dropped Claire off and was just about to take a nap when Rob called and we went for a nice hike and then I took my nap and after I got up I decided to upgrade to 80 more channels for 10 dollars a month for the first 12 months and eventually, on the fourth try, Comcast succeeded in getting my new channels to work.  I did my weights and yoga and took a very needed shower and now my blog is done.  I am really liking my new apartment and I hope that it continues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment