Friday, December 1, 2017

A long day indeed

Thursday was a pretty interesting day.  I didn’t do my knee exercises because of my swollen ankle, and then Mary took me out to breakfast at Panera.  It was fun to chat with her and I will miss her a lot.  I then went back home, tried to nap but at least rested my eyes and then went out and had a solid 40 minute bike ride doing the hills.  After that I drove to Rob’s office, with the plan to go play golf after I finished.  Rob looked at my leg and told me I had to immediately get a venous duplex scan at the Imaging Center.  He said that Dr. Trivedi’s diagnosis of gout was wrong and that I could go back down to 20 mg of prednisone (which should help my anxiety).  He couldn’t find my Tuesday blood test results so I’m not sure what is going on there.  I asked him about my breathing (the night before I had one puff of albuterol and I slept till 6:30) and he was okay with that.  He said he didn’t want to put me on testosterone for my sore breasts because there are significant side effects. He also looked in my eyes and said that there were cataracts developing and told me to make an appointment with the optometrist.   After finishing with Rob I went right over to the Imaging Center and got the ultrasound done and the technicians told me something was weird about it and that I had to go right back to Rob’s for more info.  When Rob saw me he told me I had a blood clot in my left leg and that he wanted me to go on a blood thinner right away.  I drove off, took a quick nap and then had time to drive to Walmart before my dinner with Claire Hall at 5:15.  Unfortunately, there was a foul up on Rob’s office sending in the Eliquis prescription so I had to leave for my dinner date.  Dinner was fun and I talked to her about helping me pack the TV, my printer and my piano, and maybe driving over one load of boxes that the movers won’t be taking over.  She will be available until the 22nd so I hope I can move in before then.  I don’t think it is going to be a very hard move, but I am sure I will get more anxious as the day approaches.   We took a walk around the drill field and she told me a very interesting story about her visit to the acupuncturist, and how awful the woman was.  Then it was time to head to Walmart for my prescription but the prescription was sent to the Blacksburg pharmacy so I was only able to get two pills and I will have to go back tomorrow for the rest.  Mary Gorton called and I told her I would come visit and I did, chatting with her for a half hour and helping get her luggage into her car.  She will be flying out  tomorrow and I wish her well with her new life in Dallas.  I drove home and watched a movie I had wanted to watch for a long time, My Own Private Idaho with River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves.  An odd movie but I did enjoy it a lot.  I stayed up till almost one.

No comments:

Post a Comment