Tuesday, December 12, 2017

An excellent day

Monday turned out to be the best day in a long time.  I woke at 6:30, made coffee and started working on my outline for the M-W class.  I then wrote two days of blog.  After that I did my knee exercises, then decided that I should go play golf since it was going to be sunny and almost 50.  Unfortunately, Auburn was closed because there was still some residual snow but Castle Rock was open so I drove out there and played two balls on the front nine and shot okay, 6 over bogey.  I didn’t putt especially well but I haven’t played Castle Rock in a long time so that was a big part of the reason.  I then took a quick nap in my truck and then drove to VT and rode my bike from the frat section back to the duck pond and then along the road to the Smithfield Plantation.  Very good ride and the first outdoor one in a while.  Then I drove to Lowe’s and bought a washer and a cheap rug that I will cut up to protect the carpeting in the closets and the alcove.  I also got a Target gift card for Rob’s party on Friday and two gift cards at Barnes and Noble for Grace and Gianna.  I then went for a 35 minute walk in Torgersen and then went home for steamed veggies and to watch the end of Eugene Onegin.  The ending was a bit long winded but I overall I did enjoy the opera.  I stayed up until almost one, what a wild guy I have become.  I think the effects of the reduction of the prednisone have worn off and I am not going to change things until after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment