Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Bad Day, Good Day

Monday was a very hard day with a very frustrating ending.  I knew I had to get my kayak dried out since Tuesday was going to rain so at about 8:30 I pulled it out and  started drying it.  Much of my gear had ice on it so I had to wait for the sun to warm up my booties, my wet socks and my gloves.  Even the kayak had some ice in it.  I did some work in the truck, then rode my bike for 40 minutes, then did an outline for my Monday Wednesday class.  I tried calling St. Mary’s to go to confession but my phone wouldn’t connect with them so I didn’t go.  I finally got the kayak dried out and folded up and then carried it to the closet.  Then I collapsed into a deep sleep but I wasn’t very rested when I woke up so I needed to nap a couple more times.  I talked to Claire about moving on the 20th (am I going to be capable of that?) and talked to Xfinity about moving my service over to Prices Fork, which is set up for the 21st.   I still have to talk to SlimTransport to set up the move though I did leave them a message.  I then got up and got ready for the Mercy Mass at 7.   I had gotten my music ready but when I got there I decided to sit off by myself and then I got a chill and had to huddle up in my jacket.  I left right after the mass and I was very cold.  I went to Panda Express to treat myself.  I know I was a distraction during the mass and I hope that once I go to confession I will be calmer.  I hope to go tomorrow if I can set it up.  I watched some TV and finally did one set of weights.  I took a half of a valium to help go to bed.

Tuesday turned out to be an okay day.  After talking to Trivedi yesterday and she informing me that my numbers were better and that I could reduce my prednisone to 17 and ½ mg for a few days and then down to 15, I was feeling better and then Rob called in the afternoon and reiterated that things were looking up.  That made me feel even better.  Earlier in the day I did my bike ride for 40 minutes, my knee exercises in the afternoon, and did some packing for the mover, set up with Slim Transport for the afternoon of the 20th.  I did a wash and got some of the bigger boxes ready before heading off for Torgersen for a 30 minute walk, followed by a couple of Taco Bell burritos and then a visit to Kroger for some supplies.  I did my weights and yoga (after doing two sets this morning) and I felt pretty good overall.  I had some steamed veggies and a couple of waffles and then went to work on my blog.  Not a bad day at all and I should see Father John for Confession tomorrow.  I did try to explain how sick I was last night to Joseph and he wished me a speedy recovery.  I also had a nice chat with Dave and he cheered me up pretty good.   


No comments:

Post a Comment