Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Pittsburg Trip

On Saturday evening I made my decision to head to Pittsburg in the morning.  The weather looked okay and I really wanted to do the trip, not only to see everyone but to show that I could do a long trip again.  I went to bed around 12:30, setting the alarm for 6:00, hoping to get going by 7.  I had packed my stuff and showered so all I had to do you move my belongings to the truck and head off.

I didn’t sleep too well so by 6:00 on Sunday I was on the road with dawn at least an hour away.  Traffic was light out of Blacksburg and I made it to Paint Creek before I took a nap.  That was very needed and then I kept driving till almost Morgantown, where I napped again.  The trip was supposed to be 323 miles but it ended up just over 370.  I got in around 3 and it was quite fun to see everyone.  At seven we went to Christmas mass, and I sang most of the songs.  In the evening, we sat around and I caught up with everyone and left around 9:30, pretty tired, then stayed up till 12 watching TV.

On Christmas Day I thought the plan was for Gianna and Grace to open there presents when they got up but instead they waited till I got there around 9:20 and I was very embarrassed that I didn’t get there much earlier.  However nobody seemed too bothered and watching everyone open their presents (I got a couple) was very rewarding.  They all seemed so comfortable with one another and I did get to chat some with J.T., along with Josh, Paul, Judy and Jenny, who was still very funny.  I think Jenny should try her hand at writing some of her stories down and I hope she does.  I ended up chatting with Patty, Jenny and Judy till just after 12 and headed to the comfort Inn very tired, dropping off to bed immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment