Friday, December 29, 2017

Long Drive Back From Pittsburgh

On Tuesday, I woke up at 8:48 and went down to get a cup of yoghurt and some coffee and then returned to my room to catch up on my blog.  I talked to Judy and she and Paul picked me up a little before noon and I treated them to lunch at Panera.  After that Paul drove into Pittsburg and gave me a tour of the different college campuses (the main ones being Duquesne, Carnegie-Mellow and The University of Pittsburg).  We had a short walk downtown (since it was so cold) and saw the gingerbread house competition.  After that we drove home and I got a quick nap before taking them to dinner at Denunzio’s. 

On Wednesday I got up at 5:30 and was on the road by 6:15.  It was 15 degrees out and dark, and I quickly found out that my windshield wiper fluid had frozen.  That forced me to stop again and again to clean the windshield and I was averaging about 40 miles an hour until around noon (after a quick nap with my heavy jacket and hood on and my minus 20 sleeping bag over my head.  Only my feet were a little cold.  After the windshield wiper fluid melted I was able to drive around 50 or so and after another quick nap, I got home just as it got dark around 6.  Long, long day but I got through it safely.  It was very cold and I went inside and stayed, doing my knee exercises and riding the bike for 25 minutes.


On Thursday morning, the temperature was 7.  That was more than enough to keep me inside and I got to work on more straightening out.  I emailed Heather with my complaints and she addressed most of them.  I am a little worried about what is going to happen when I have neighbors but I am hoping that it won’t get too noisy.  Presently I have no neighbors but that will change soon.  I did some singing and 25 minutes of biking and at about 2 the fellows from Lowes came and delivered the washer.  I ran out to my truck around 4:30 and got a few things out and then I watched the Tech game, which they lost 30-21, mainly due to a couple of turnovers.  At around 8 I drove over to Kroger’s for supplies and a 25 minute walk before heading home.  I was able to adjust the refrigerator to around 12 degrees so now that concern is addressed and the adjusted shower curtain is also working better.  I did my first wash in the washer and the humidity stayed around 35 % even with the humidifier off.  I did some more singing and had a nice talk with Dave.    

No comments:

Post a Comment