Wednesday, August 5, 2015

L'anse au Loup is not much different

I am in L’anse au Loup at Fast Freddy’s, the only restaurant in town, and I just had a piece of very decent carrot cake with a cup of tea. I drove in a very relaxed manner, stopping for a bike ride on a flat area on the road to St. Lewis, driving around red bay, and eventually getting into town about 3. I drove over to the next town, hoping to get an oil change at Fonteau Motors and I got that and a lot more. The two women there, especially Laura Prosper, were very sweet and helped me print out an email, and then fax it to Suburban Propane so I could get the Early Buy rate, which will save me over 500 dollars. The dead line was Friday so I just made it. They also called the ferry people but it would have been hard to get on any of tomorrow’s ferries so I decided just to wait for my scheduled time on Friday morning. After another bike ride along the pretty shore, I had an early dinner at Fast Freddy’s of local fish (in a fish and chips). Then I drove back toward the Pinware for 5 miles and found a small stream backed up by a beaver dam and cast some lures in from the top of the culvert. I got one hit on the wooly bugger but no fish. The bugs were wild so I quit after 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment