Saturday, June 25, 2016

Finally, The Peaks of Otter

I didn’t sleep very well but I didn’t take an OTC sleeping pill. At about 5 I did the set of exercises I didn’t do before going to bed. I eventually got up for good at around 7:30 and decided to work on the generator box. It went very well and by 9:00 I had the frame completely done. Very fine job, using clamps and going carefully. After that it was time to nap and then I practiced piano, did a wash, washed the dishes, rode the exercise bike, did some very light weights, and did my second set of exercises. After a shower I decided that I should go up to the Peaks of Otter even though it was supposed to rain in the afternoon. I had to get off 81 because of traffic and rode 460 East for a number of miles. I got on 581 and headed south and got on the Blue Ridge Parkway just outside of Roanoke. I drove up Roanoke Mountain and walked around at an overlook and then on top and then napped some and then headed up toward the Peaks, stopping at the long overlook where I walked again for over 20 minutes. When I got to the lodge I had soup and salad and then fished the lake for perhaps 20 minutes with no luck before I drove back to a Lowe’s just after the turnoff for 81. I got the rest of the materials for the generator box and made it to Applebees at Exit 137 just before dark. I did my lumosity training and my blog so the day is ending well.

No comments:

Post a Comment