Saturday, October 15, 2016

A visit to Paint Bank

Another tough night of broken sleep. I got up around 3:30 and with the help of an OTC sleeping pill finally got back to bed around 5. I arose at about 8:30 and though I had planned to do an overnight trip to the Monogahela National Forest, my day didn’t go as planned. I did some of my exercises, packed my traveling bag and headed out around 10:30. I got an email from Kate about kayaking tomorrow and I emailed her back that tomorrow would work fine. Now I knew I wasn’t going overnight so I wandered up 311 to Paint Bank, stopped at pullout just outside of New Castle and caught a chub and a small bass. Lovely spot and I should go back. I took a nap in the back of my truck in Paint Bank and then drove up 18 to Covington without finding a really good spot to fish and so I drove on to the Tap Room restaurant about 10 miles from 81 to watch the Tech game. Tech didn’t look very good and I left at the half and had dessert at Mac and Bob’s and watched the second half, which got close but then Syracuse beat them pretty badly. Then it was bike riding time, 50 full minutes at Roanoke College and some shrimp wonton stir fry at Appleby’s. I did check the crawl space (78% humidity) and I checked my records and I am going to put off any work until April (the humidity goes way down in the winter) and by then I will have started social security.

No comments:

Post a Comment