Saturday, October 22, 2016

back from Chincoteague

I had a tough time sleeping with a steady, hammering rain most of the night. Finally it stopped and I was able to sleep for a few hours. I got up around 7:30 0and felt good enough to have a breakfast burrito and a coffee then go for a double loop ride and a quick visit to the beach. I then decided to leave and I was able to call the motel but they couldn’t give me a refund (72 hour limit) so I lost 120 dollars. I started driving and stopped for a fried flounder sandwich, then drove some more and stopped for a nap just after the bay bridge. I had no intention of making it back tonight so I stopped at Royal New Kent and played pretty bad partly because it was crowded and windy. My phone wouldn’t recharge and that threw me off but I kept driving because I wanted to beat the UVA game traffic and I got to exit 181 before dark. My ankle was swollen so I iced it and I decided to drive on the Salem and watch some of the Cubs / Dodgers game. I got to Applebee’s and had a half rack of ribs and salad and string beans and did my lumosity and my blog. The Cubs are winning 3-0 so I am pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment