Saturday, October 1, 2016

Meeting Claire's Sister and Lauren Brooks

Friday was a decent day, with Raymond coming to work on the vent free heater and then I headed out to meet Claire for an early lunch at Next Door Bakery, which was a lot of fun. We took a nice walk after lunch. I drove back home and did my exercises and watched the Ryder Cup. I did my weights and yoga and some piano playing and finally headed into town around 6 and rode my bike at tech for 40 minutes, then went for dinner at India Gardens, where I ran into Claire and Luke and her sister Robby and her unfriendly friend David. I saw that Leslie Brooks was there and she came over and that made me slightly uncomfortable but then she said she wanted to go get Lauren, her daughter whom I liked very much so that ended up being fun. Lauren is at Blacksburg High School and planning on going to Hollins. Leslie showed me some of her art and it was impressive. I am going to try to see her exhibit at the Artful Lawyer gallery on Monday. I would like to give Lauren something for her graduation but dealing with Leslie might be too much. I didn’t sleep well on Friday night, so after an OTC sleeping aid I finally got to sleep around 4 and slept till almost 9. I did my exercises, my weights and yoga, my practicing, and watched a lot of the Ryder Cup. Around 3:30 I left for golf and played extremely well on the first four holes then ended up with a 6 and an 8 on number 14 but I still ended up with a 47 and a 46. After that I had dinner at Macados in Radford, watching the Michigan victory over Wisconsin and the end of the Ryder Cup matches (with the US leading 9 and ½ to 6 and ½. Then I headed for Tech to ride my bike for almost 50 minutes and talked to Dave for a long time and I think I helped him out some. Now I am watching the big showdown between Louisville and Clemson, with Clemson ahead just before the half 21-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment