Monday, August 29, 2016

First day of class

Today, Monday, was my first day of classes and the one class I taught went well once it got going. I don’t think the students had really looked at the outline and the rules but I went through them carefully and I felt more comfortable as class progressed. It is a pretty small class (around 14) and that means a circle so that should keep students in line. Disruptive students can really mess up a class. My real work will start next week when the readings and journals start. I delivered my present to my kayaking friend and we are playing to go on Sunday. I am really looking forward to it. I saw Maddie and she was doing well. She said Cathy was sick again so I called her and left a message. I talked to Rob about sending Raechel a supportive email but he didn’t think it was going to do any good so I asked him just to wish her well for me. I did one and a half sets of exercises in the morning and my weights and yoga and after teaching I went for a 40 minute bike ride along the river. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment